When I tell friends that I have young family in Pattaya many are a bit baffled. They, like many, are unaware of how the Pattaya proposition has developed such breadth over the last five or so years. Although some criticism of Pattaya is fair, I think it is a city that is a little understood.
I am not going to go the traditional route of discussing the nightlife and all that comes with it in Pattaya, that is already well documented. For this article I just want to highlight the attractions now available for kids and families, as my youngsters have a very good life in the city.
In no particular order, here is a selection of activities and attractions kids will love.
1. Frost magical ice of Siam – Located up by Regents International School and immediately next to the Pattaya Sheep Farm. You enter what is best described as a huge ice fridge where inside there are ice sculptures and frozen items to play with. They will give you coat and gloves when you arrive.
2. Pattaya Sheep Farm – A nice park area with sheep and other farm animals to explore.
3. Two water parks – Ramayana Waterpark, see video below, and Cartoon Network. These are both International standard and great fun.
4. Harbour Mall – Located on Pattaya Klang this mall sets aside much of its space to activities for kids. This includes the biggest climbing frame/play area in Asia for kids (See photo below). On top of that there is a snow area, ice skating rink, lazer gun zone, roller skating and climbing wall.
5. Beaches – Wongamat in Naklua or the Navy beaches around 20 minutes drive away from Jomtien are my favourites. Believe or not if you travel to the right locations on the outskirts of Pattaya you can find half decent beaches with clean water, look at my vlog when I was at Hat Nam Rang Beach in Sattahip. Very nice indeed.
6. Football – In East Pattaya there is a very nice complex called ‘Planet Football’ with 3 astro turf pitches. They offer regular training sessions for youngsters. You have 2 or 3 other such training areas across the city. Don’t forget to the Pattaya has a professional team that plays in the Thai Premier League – attending one of these fixtures can be a lot of fun for all ages, and not just your kids!
7. Pipo Pony Club – Located in East Pattaya, it offers a good selection of different pony breeds which your kids can pet whilst also offering an entertaining cowboy style horse show a few times during the day.
8. Nong Nooch Gardens – Officially the third best gardens in the world. This is both stunning and enormous, it also includes a small zoo area.
In truth I can keep going from Tiger to elephant parks, to dolphin shows, go karting, ten pin bowling and cinemas. The point is Pattaya as destination offers wider appeal than it has ever been. Dare I say it, in Pattaya you can now put forward the case that it is a pleasant family location. Surely not!
Subscribe to Newsletter